Ontario Land Transfer Tax Rebate
- When you buy a home in Ontario, you pay Land Transfer Tax. First-time homebuyers of an eligible home may be eligible for a refund of all or part of the tax.
- For first time homebuyers, there is a maximum $4,000 tax rebate on the Ontario Land Transfer Tax for properties that are $368,333 or more.
- Buyers will receive the full $4,000 and pay the remaining Land Transfer Tax balance.
Toronto (Municipal) Land Transfer Tax Rebate
- For first-time homebuyers who buy a home in the City of Toronto can qualify for an additional rebate equal to the full amount of their Municipal Land Transfer Tax. The maximum Municipal rebate is $4,475.
To Be Eligible
- A first-time buyer is someone who is at least 18 years of age and must not have previously owned a home anywhere in the world at anytime. If a spouse is involved, the spouse cannot have owned a home or had any ownership interest in a home while he/she was the purchaser's spouse.
See our Land Transfer Tax Calculators for more information.