5 Steps to Sell Your Home
Your satisfaction and happiness is something that is very important to me. I understand how hectic it is to sell a house and it can be difficult if it’s not handled properly. To help you through the entire process, I’ve put together five simple steps:
Step 1: Decide to Sell
- When you sell, you want to get as much value as you can for your home. So you might want to consider the timing of the sale because it definitely has an effect on the value. You don’t want to sell when it’s a “buyer’s market,” when too many homes are for sale and there are not enough buyers. Seasonality is something to consider as well because typically more homes are sold in the spring rather than the winter.
- You can also increase the value by enhancing the appeal of your house. There are various ways to do this and it all depends on the amount of monetary resources available. You can renovate your house by remodelling an area or just freshen up the walls with a new coat of paint.
- Even just keeping your front lawn tidy can make a big difference. Buyers love seeing green grass and flowers outside because it feels more warm and inviting to them.
- Home inspections are also something that you can do to prove the value of your home. Buyers will usually ask for a home inspection, so if you do it ahead of time it will definitely impress them. It also gives you a chance to prevent unpleasant surprises and make any major repairs.
Now you’re ready for the for sale sign!
Step 2: Hire me as your Century 21 Agent
- When selling a home, there are a lot of factors to consider and you will have many questions.
- You will need someone that you can trust and someone who understands what you want. This is where I come in.
- As your Century 21 Agent, you will receive high quality service, professional advice and expert guidance to help you accomplish your selling goals. I will be with your every step of the way.
- Hiring a professional to look out for your best interests and guide you during the selling process is crucial to getting the maximum selling price for your home.
Step 3: List your Home
- The next step will be to list your home. First we will value your house and set a price. A report on market data will be complied to properly value your home based on the prices in your area.
- Next, we market and advertise your home through various media outlets and listing sites to create strong buyer interest. We post on Multiple Listing Service (MLS), social media, blogs, and websites.
- We set up open house appointments to showcase the potential of your home to various individuals. We want people to come see your home and imagine themselves living in your house.
Step 4: Receive an Offer
- Not all offers are equal and the paperwork of selling can be very confusing. As your agent, I will explain all the Offers to Purchase that come in from potential buyers. You get to know the terms and conditions regarding the price that the buyer wants to pay, financing conditions, or other things like inclusions and exclusions that the buyer wants to make.
- Not only is it about the price of the home, but you have to carefully look at the other details included in the sale. Appliances, chandeliers, or even minor renovations can also be part of the deal. Shorter or longer closing dates can also be specified by the buyer. Details and conditions of offers are very important.
- If there is something in the offer that doesn’t satisfy you, we can do a counter offer and negotiation will be presented to help get you what you want.
Step 5: Close the Sale
- There will be closing costs associated with the sale that need to be paid either by or on the closing date. It can include mortgage application fees, inspections, and legal fees.
- Once that’s taken care of, you can pass your old keys to the new owners.
- Congrats, you’ve officially sold your house!